Because what the internet needs is more wittering about rubbish parenting



Sunday 17 October 2010

Phew

Woo hoo! My child is not lame! She can do walking! Well, kind of. Yesterday, she took her first official steps!!! (Apparently, she had taken a couple before that, in front my mam's friends, but as no-one who was related to her witnessed them, they did not happen, therefore I did not miss them). There were only 3 of them, but still, how terribly, terribly exciting! And what a massive, massive relief. You can tell yourself a million times a day that it doesn't matter, that she will get there in the end, that every baby does things in their own time, but sometimes you can't help getting a teeny bit anxious when yours seems to determined to show you up in front of the parents of child prodigies. There was a part of me wondering if The Baby would end up like Michael McIntyre's 30-year-old crawling around the cocktail party (have you seen that one? Tis very funny. I don't want to like Michael McIntyre, smug-faced git, but I can't help it. I do.).
Anyway, knowing The Baby, I wouldn't have been surprised if those steps yesterday were the only ones she decided to do for the next 3 months (like the very short-lived potty triumph), but she's done it 3 more times today, so I'm feeling pretty hopeful.

So come on Baby, keep up the good work, and then just a few more words and maybe some animal noises, and then I can join the ranks of boasting smugmothers. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment