Because what the internet needs is more wittering about rubbish parenting



Tuesday 31 January 2012

Bumshuffle

I've got a bumshuffler!

Yup, The Littl'un is on the move. Only a little bit so far. But I keep putting her down and turning my attention elsewhere (the internet, removing Rice Krispies from The Toddler's hair, etc), and when I look back, she's about a foot further forward from where she was. It's quite exciting. It's always nice when your child learns something new, but, I've got to confess, it's so much less enthralling the second time around. For one thing, you're not eagerly, and slightly nervously awaiting each one, hoping that yours won't be the last to do something, thus showing you up at baby group. With your second, you already know that they'll do it in their own time, when they're good and ready, and not a moment before.

But the bumshuffling is fun for me to watch. The Toddler never did it. In fact, long-time readers might recall that The Toddler was not in any hurry to get anywhere under her own steam. She rolled late, and never used it as a getting-around technique (although neither does The Littl'un), she crawled late, and then proceeded to drag her body round in a way that suggested she was only doing it under sufferance, and walked late. She much preferred to sit around, eating and looking like a cross between baby and beach ball. Bless her little face. So it's quite interesting to see a baby who seems desperate to get places. I have to rescue her a lot when she faceplants the carpet though.

But although it's lovely and amusing right now, it means the day is coming when I need to pay a lot more attention to what she's doing. I'm going to need more sleep for this to work out. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment