Because what the internet needs is more wittering about rubbish parenting



Monday 25 April 2011

I'm Really Very Pregnant, Aren't I?

Following on from my recent epiphany that I would soon have TWO CHILDREN, I am also now starting to realise that I will SOON have two children. For a number of reasons, it has suddenly dawned on me that I am really Very Pregnant Indeed. The first reason is that I am now very nearly 34 weeks. Which means 6 weeks left until my due date. 6 weeks doesn't sound very long. Up until now, I have been able to delude myself that I still have 2 months to go (which technically, I suppose I could have if this one decides to be late), and months, plural = A Long Time. 6 weeks is not 2 months at all, and therefore is not A Long Time. Secondly, I am nearly finished work. Woo! I have two weeks, which equates (thanks to Jesus, May and Kate and Wills) to just 4 working days, left. One of which (tomorrow) I must spend trying to remember what my job is, so I can spend the remaining three trying to explain it to someone else. And thirdly, I am REALLY feeling it now. I feel very massive all of a sudden, I need to wee roughly every 35 seconds, I can't bend down, and I have to have a little sit down after going up the stairs. I'd somehow managed to forget how tiring it is being heavily pregnant. Of course, the tiredness could have something to do with The Toddler still not wanting to entertain the notion of a full night's sleep, or of not being a total menace all day, every day. I long for the days of my first pregnancy - I don't think I truly appreciated the luxury of being able to lie down and ignore the world when you're tired, instead of having to follow a small child around ensuring she isn't turning the oven on or hiding my keys.

So, yes. New'un coming soon. Utterly unprepared. Here is my to-do list:
  • Get newborn clothes out of loft. Thank God I had the presence of mind to box them according to size and gender-suitability.
  • Wash newborn clothes. As well as keeping on top of regular washing mountain. Thank God Husband finally put up washing line. Hope weather holds up.
  • Empty dresser of 12-18 month old clothes so can put newborn ones in it.
  • But only after have cleared a path to dresser, as the nursery is currently filled with several hundred boxes of who knows what.
  • Get all other baby stuff out of loft, and try to figure out what has gone missing or got broken, and therefore needs replacing. Hope this is not too much, as we are skint.
  • Get crib from out of brother-in-law's loft.
  • Nag Husband until he builds crib
  • Hope against hope that crib fits in bedroom. Panic if it doesn't.
  • Buy hospital bag
  • Try and remember what needs to go in hospital bag
  • Buy things to go in hospital bag
  • Pack hospital bag
  • Stop googling slings and just buy one.
  • Try and remember what else it is that you're supposed to do in preparation for a new baby.
Do-able. Surely?

No comments:

Post a Comment