Because what the internet needs is more wittering about rubbish parenting



Tuesday 18 January 2011

Broken Record...

... and a gruesome, tedious and oversharing one at that!

So yay, One Born Every Minute is back on! Which, as I have realised today, gives me yet another excuse to talk about childbirth. Seriously, I have a problem. I cannot stop myself. In the office this afternoon, a conversation about God knows what turned into a conversation about One Born Every Minute, which turned into, once again, me wittering on about my own labour. Thankfully, the person I sit next to is a good friend, who also has no boundaries when it comes to sharing, but I probably haven't really known the two people opposite me long enough to talk about crowning in such detail. Also, the office is open-plan, and I am quite loud.

Why do I do this? Especially to people who haven't given birth. I'm probably putting them off for life. Or at the very least making them want to move desks. I think a lot of it is that I did have a pretty good labour, and when you feel positive about something, it's only natural to want to share. And share. And share some more. Which is a problem, because however great your childbirth experience was, you're still talking about something unfeasibly large squeezing it's way out of something unfeasibly small. You're still talking about pain, and screaming, and blood, and extreme indignity. Why would anyone think that was a suitable topic of conversation in polite company? So perhaps I should learn to control this odd compulsion of mine, and learn to talk about other things. So I'm off to learn about macroeconomics and the Impressionist painters.

No comments:

Post a Comment