Because what the internet needs is more wittering about rubbish parenting



Friday 16 April 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho..

It is off to work I went!
I had a training kind of day at work yesterday, which mostly consisted of learning what my new job is, and eating cheesecake. It was quite a good day, but very weird. In some ways, it felt like I'd been away 10 minutes, not 10 months. But I miss my old office and my old team already. I never thought I'd be saying that, as the office was a former cupboard that has no natural light or fresh air, and my team used to drive me mad by moaning about stuff and not doing their timesheets properly. Ah well, I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder, or something. It is a good thing I'm out of there though, as it's a very sweary office, and as The Baby is starting to say things approximating words, I really need to work on my language. I don't really want her first word to be twatbasket.

I don't think it's going to be too bad making the transition back into working life from my motherhood bubble. I managed to avoid doing the thing I feared most yesterday, which was referring to myself as Mammy in a sing-song voice, as I have been known to do that when The Baby is nowhere in sight. I was asked by many colleagues if I was missing her. I felt that the Good Mammy answer to that question would be "Oh yes, it's so hard to be away from her, I feel like a part of me is missing". The honest answer, however, is "Are you kidding me?". As much as I love my grumpy little child, there is no denying that a break every now and then is WONDERFUL, even if it is to go to work. I was more worried about how Husband was coping, as somehow, he had managed to go ten months without having her on his own for a full day. They managed (he took her shopping, her favourite activity), he even managed to put her in an outift that matched, and she was apparently quite nice all day. He did say "I don't know how you do it every day", though. Of course you don't. You are a man, and therefore a little bit rubbish.

And guess what?! We finally, FINALLY are getting a tooth! Really! Poking out of The Baby's gum, is unmistakeably, indisputably, the point of a tooth. My fears of her remaining toothless forever are gone. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment