Because what the internet needs is more wittering about rubbish parenting



Sunday 14 March 2010

Happy Mothers' Day!

That's Mothers' Day, as in celebrating all mothers, not Mother's Day, as in celebrating just one, which would be rude. A facebook friend has just got very riled and emphatic on this point. So I will just take a moment to say a big woo hoo and hello to all the mammies out there, and say even if you're a "bad" one like me, you're doing a fabulous job!

I have had a good day today. It was absoutely worth pushing a human out of me, if I get to have pancakes and bacon, and get bought lovely pyjamas every year. I'm sitting in my new pyjamas right now, feeling very happy. My daughter has exceptionally good taste for an 8-month old.

The Baby, by the way, seemed not to realise that today was a day for showing love and appreciation to your mother, instead choosing to scream in my ear and drool on my leg for much of it. I did get a very big, very sloppy kiss, right on my mouth, when I wasn't expecting it though. Lovely. Would have rather had flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment