Because what the internet needs is more wittering about rubbish parenting



Wednesday 24 March 2010

What Is Wrong With Me???!!!!

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with me? I have just read this whole blog back to myself, noting the increasingly frequent references to The Baby's growing mobility, culminating in her two spectacular head-clunks of the other day. So how in the name of Cheryl Cole have I allowed her to tumble off something again?! Tonight it was her changing unit, which is considerably higher than the sofa. Husband and I were getting her ready for bed, and in the 10 seconds or so while neither of us realised we were both looking for the cotton wool instead of watching The Baby, she managed to fling herself over the front of the unit. Thankfully, I looked up as she was mid-somersault, and I swear, I actually saw it in slow-motion. I sprang forward and kind-of caught her just before she hit the deck, but she did manage to bump and graze her head on the box of stuff we keep underneath the unit. I feel really, really terrible now. She's fine, by the way. Screamed her lungs out for a couple of minutes and then went back to trying to take her own nappy off. But I am very, very annoyed with myself and really frightened that I don't appear to by learning my lesson! That being, when they say, "You can't take your eyes off them for a second, " it literally means ONE second. Especially if you have a DangerBaby like mine. So I think I have scared myself into being good now. Vigilance is our watchword. And hopefully tomorrow I will be able to tell you all that she didn't hurt herself at all.

Ooh, on the Good Mammy side though, I did enriching activity today! Took The Baby to a sensory room. It was fabulous. I could quite happily have stayed in there all day. It was comfy and there were pretty lights.

I realise that does not make up for letting her fall off stuff though.

No comments:

Post a Comment