Because what the internet needs is more wittering about rubbish parenting



Monday 29 March 2010

It's Officially Over!

My maternity leave that is. I am officially Back At Work. I'm on holiday for another few weeks, so not actually back yet. But it's a bit sad, all the same. In some ways, I'm really looking forward to going back to work - I can talk to people and get a reply in actual English, I will have time to eat lunch every day, and I won't be constantly covered in drool. But on the other hand, I'm not sure how to function in the adult world anymore. I rarely brush my hair, I've forgotten how to do most things on a computer apart from blog and bimble around on ScaryParenting.com, and I will have to leave The Baby with strangers! Only for one day a week, but it's still quite scary. She's going through a bit of a clingy stage, which is apparently quite common around 9 months. So it's helpful that this is when maternity pay runs out. Must have a word with the Government about that.

She will probably love nursery, and won't miss me at all. Just another way in which she seems so big and grown-up. Sniff. Being Soppy Mammy now. Shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment