Because what the internet needs is more wittering about rubbish parenting



Friday 19 February 2010

Fallen Off The Wagon.

Ugh. Just spent an over an hour on scary parenting forum. Feel dirty and wrong. Might do some housework in penance.

I think The Baby is getting ill. She has a nasty cough and lots of sneezes, and apparently did not sleep well last night. She's always poorly when she is at my mother's for the night. Perhaps my mother is poisoning her. Or perhaps it is my mother's lot in life to deal with horrible babies that don't sleep. She certainly got enough practice 28 years ago. I don't know how she didn't throw me out of the window. At least I am living proof that leaving a grotty, horrid baby to cry for hours on end does not necessarily screw them up for life (this blog may make me sound like a crazy lady, but I'm actually remarkably emotionally stable, and I probably have the least trust issues of anyone I know).

We've been out in town today, doing some shopping in the nice new posh bit of Newcastle. Went to M&S cafe to give The Baby her tea, but ended up giving the weird salmon combo I had bought to her cold, thanks to the ridiculousness that is trying to get stuff heated up. Now, I am not normally one to go on a rant about health and safety, given that I actually have to do quite a bit of H&S stuff in my job, and hate people that whinge that "you can't do anything nowadays, elf n safety gone mad, blah blah blah" (you can do anything you like, as long as you try to make sure no-one dies and you've done the paperwork to show that if someone gets hurt it isn't your fault). But seriously. Why will you not put a pot of baby food in a microwave for 20 seconds? Why have you given me a bottle warmer that is shaped like a flask? What the hell am I supposed to do with that? Am I going to sue you if I spill water over myself or my baby gets the runs? Well no, but some people would, and THEY ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I'll go away now, and see if I can invent a jar of self-heating parsnip puree.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree, warming food is a nightmare! How on earth do you warm food up by putting it in a bowl of water? No-one has enough time to wait for it to warm that way!!!!

    ReplyDelete