Because what the internet needs is more wittering about rubbish parenting



Wednesday 3 February 2010

Separation Anxiety. Or not.

This weekend, I will be mostly going to London Town. It's the first time I will have been away from The Baby for more than a day.
.....
.....
....

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Bad Mammy, looking forward to leaving my child! I feel slightly bad about how excited I am. I'll admit, most of the excitement centres on the thought of buying new boots and drinking mojitos, but I am also looking forward to not dealing with tantrums, unidentifiable food, nappies and drool (unless my sister has developed some disturbing habits). I know that I'll miss her (I went to work and did a 14 hour day last Saturday, and was so pleased to see her the next morning) but I also know it'll be nice to play at not being a mammy for just a little while. Note to self: while in company of childless, city-dwelling young professionals do not talk about the following things: the changing consistency of baby poo, cracked nipples, breast pumps, episiostomies or the relative merits of forward and rear facing car seats. Bugger. What can I talk about?

I think I'm more worried about how Husband is going to cope than anything else, to be honest. He is a very good daddy indeed, but he does tend to get rattled by her days of random, inexpicable horrendous moods (such as today), whereas I tend to only want to throw her out of a window when I've been subjected to four of them on the trot. He also has a tiny bit of an information retention problem, so I wonder if I'm going to come home to find out that she's had 3 times as much formula as she's supposed to, but no bath. Ah well, as long as he doesn't take her to the Museum of Knives and Fire, I'm sure they'll be fine.

1 comment:

  1. I always think that about Ben, us women definitely have more patience, if Tilly even whimpers he flies into a rage shouting 'What is wrong with her, nothing is working, why is she crying' :-) He also has a very big information retention problem, we've had the baby for 3 months and you think by now he'd know where her clothes are kept! x x

    ReplyDelete