Because what the internet needs is more wittering about rubbish parenting



Thursday 11 February 2010

I am a Proud Mammy

The Baby pulled herself up to standing today! There we were, playing about on the couch, and she was holding my fingers (for once, not trying to eat them), and without any help from me, hauled herself to her feet. I immediately had an immense rush of pride, and went to wake peacfully sleeping Husband to tell him what a genius our child is. (Yes, I know it doesn't exactly take a massive amount of intellect to pull yourself to your feet, but let me have my boasting mammy moment). After she had done this about 5 times and the pride was fading into a warm, satisfied glow, another thought set in - gone are the days of me leaving her sitting on the floor (or worse, the sofa - ssh, don't tell anyone!) for the briefest of moments while I go and put the kettle on, or answer the door, or to find a biscuit. I am now about to enter the "need-eyes-in-the-back-of-your-head" phase of motherhood.
Interesting times ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment